[horde] Can't log in?

René Lund Jensen lundeman at tbkol.dk
Wed Jul 9 10:38:13 PDT 2003

Richard Sumilang wrote:

> I did and I never came around to that line in the documentation. A
> matter of fact, that line of documentation is NOT in my
> horde/docs/INSTALL file and a conf.php/conf.php.dist never came with
> my distribution. I got my copy from
> http://ftp.horde.org/pub/horde/horde-2.2.3.tar.gz, is that not the
> latest current stable version?

Yes it is...

> Anyways I wrote my own config file call conf.php in /horde/conf.php
> with that one line, $conf['auth']['admins'][]='horde' as suggested and
> still no cigar.

This version of Horde does not come with a admin facility. The admin
facility is in the HEAD brance.

What you need to do is tell us how you have configured your Horde to
authenticate users.
this can be in two places. either it's horde/config/horde.php, or you
are using IMP for authentication and then it's in horde/config/registry.php.

If you are going to use IMP, you should install imp, and use
/horde/imp/test.php to figure out how to get IMP to connect to your mail
server, and then setup horde to use IMP authentication in
/horde/config/registry.php. I find this to be the best way to do this.

René Jensen