[horde] Next major release?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 16 08:40:48 PDT 2003

Quoting Anders Bruun Olsen <anders at bruun-olsen.net>:

> I apologize if this info is actually availble on horde.org somewhere,
> but I have looked for it and couldn't find it anywhere.

We don't have roadmaps for sork yet, just some of the more major
applications (horde, imp, chora, kronolith, turba).  Creating roadmaps
for the others is on my to-do list, when I get time.

> I have a Horde/IMP/Turba installation and would like to add Forwards to
> that, but since our mailsystem uses an LDAP backend the forwards info is
> located in there. I can see that Forwards CVS HEAD seems to have the
> needed support. To use the CVS version of Forwards I need the CVS
> version of Horde/IMP/Turba as well it seems, so what I want to know is,
> is there a timeframe for when the next major release will come or is the
> release plan just "release when ready?".

It is more of "when I get time" and I've had absolutely no time to work on it.

> What I am trying to find out here is whether it is worth my time to try
> and setup a complete CVS install of Horde and the needed apps or whether
> I should wait for the next major release which should have the features
> I need...

I would recommend either waiting, or backporting the ldap support yourself
to the RELENG branch.  If you have any programming skills, and with the
help of the sork mailing list, you should be able to backport the code without
too much trouble.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics