[horde] Installing Horde in Safe_mode

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 17 08:02:03 PDT 2003

Quoting Martyn Fagg <lists at muphi.com>:

> I want to install Horde/Kronolith on my website but the company hosting it
> have got safe_mode enabled.
>
> Is there any way to install/use horde in this state? I assume I'll have to
> make some modifications to the source code (I've already changed the tmp
> directory it uses).

As stated at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c25 which
you might want to read:

PHP's safe_mode is not officially supported for Horde 2.x. Many have tried to
use it, and have reported various levels of success. To run in safe_mode you
will need to modify the PHP safe_mode settings. You may also have to change
some code in Horde or other Horde components in order to make things work
properly. Some of the known issues are not being able to set php maximum
execution time, and not being able to use Sendmail (without modifying the php
safe_mode configuration), and any sort of file uploads (adding attachments in
IMP, using gollem, etc).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics