[horde] How to activate PostgreSQL

c.reiter at roteskreuz-schwaz.at c.reiter at roteskreuz-schwaz.at
Fri Jul 18 10:19:44 PDT 2003

Hi again Eric!

Zitat von Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
> A quick look at the pgsql stuff looks fine.  So we're back to space aliens?
> Or maybe the test.php you are using is broken?  Are you having actual
> problems
> with the database access, or is it just that test.php says it isn't there?

Yes, there are actual big problems with database access:

Look at my Turba sources.php:

==============sources==============
<?php
$cfgSources['localsql'] = array(
    'title' => 'Mein Adressbuch',
    'type' => 'sql',
    'params' => array(
        'phptype' => 'pgsql',
        'hostspec' => 'localhost',
        'username' => '[MY USER HERE]',
        'password' => '[MY PASSWORD HERE]',
        'database' => 'horde',
        'table' => 'turba_objects'
    ),
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'object_id',
        '__owner' => 'owner_id',
        '__type' => 'object_type',
        '__members' => 'object_members',
        'name' => 'object_name',
        'email' => 'object_email',
        'homeAddress' => 'object_homeaddress',
        'workAddress' => 'object_workaddress',
        'homePhone' => 'object_homephone',
        'workPhone' => 'object_workphone',
        'cellPhone' => 'object_cellphone',
        'fax' => 'object_fax',
        'title' => 'object_title',
        'company' => 'object_company',
        'notes' => 'object_notes'
    ),
    'search' => array(
        'name',
        'email'
    ),
    'strict' => array(
        'object_id'
    ),
    'public' => false,
    'readonly' => false,
    'admin' => array(),
    'export' => true
);
==============sources==============

The database is up and running, i can access it
using psql on the shell (User and Pass are set correct).

But when it try to add a contact in turba or try to
view the contacts, i get the following message:

Failed to connect to the specified directory.

I've not found any log-file (expect httpd's logs) where
i can check for the error.

So i don't know where to look any further.....

Best Regards,
               chris