[horde] How to activate PostgreSQL

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 18 12:57:10 PDT 2003

Quoting c.reiter at roteskreuz-schwaz.at:

> Yes, there are actual big problems with database access:

Are you using sql for anything except turba?  If so, do they work or fail?

> $cfgSources['localsql'] = array(
>     'title' => 'Mein Adressbuch',
>     'type' => 'sql',
>     'params' => array(
>         'phptype' => 'pgsql',
>         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
>         'username' => '[MY USER HERE]',
>         'password' => '[MY PASSWORD HERE]',
>         'database' => 'horde',
>         'table' => 'turba_objects'
>     ),

Looks okay as far as it goes.  But I don't know anything about your
system, so I can't say if it is correct or not.

> The database is up and running, i can access it
> using psql on the shell (User and Pass are set correct).

But, what about other parameters like sockets/tcpip, or port number, or
authorization for pgsql or firewalls and so on?

> But when it try to add a contact in turba or try to
> view the contacts, i get the following message:
>
> ====================Error Message====================
> Failed to connect to the specified directory.
> ====================Error Message====================

That isn't so useful, now is it...

> I've not found any log-file (expect httpd's logs) where
> i can check for the error.

Sounds like turba could use some better error logging....

> So i don't know where to look any further.....
>

> Best Regards,
>                chris

Well, again, since I don't know your setup, I don't either.  First question
is did you configure anything else to use sql, and if so what happens when
you access them (e.g. prefs).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics