[horde] Creating new "block" for portal.php

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 23 09:21:11 PDT 2003

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

> The user's email address.  Since it is different than the username,
> aliases have to be retrieved from an LDAP directories.  Really, this is
> a site-specific thing.  I'll be suprised if there would something to do
> it already in.

Doesn't IMP already have the email address in its identity structure?
Or you could use a Horde hook to set it?

> > Not currently, but someone is working on something like this.
>
> Is this features going to make it's way in the CVS soon ?  Who is this
> someone, so I can volunteer to beta test ?

No idea.  Check the weeks archives from the dev and/or horde mailing list.

> > The appropriate config/motd.php file...
>
> I was under the impression that motd where displayed on the login screen.

Yes, sometimes.  But it really depends on how things are setup.

I use IMP authentication for Horde.  Which means the login screen displays
horde/imp/config/motd.php, and the Horde summary page displays
horde/config/motd.php.  Now, that will change if you don't use IMP
authentication for Horde, so your milage may vary...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!