[horde] Creating new "block" for portal.php

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Wed Jul 23 13:42:55 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 11:21:11AM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:
>
> > The user's email address.  Since it is different than the username,
> > aliases have to be retrieved from an LDAP directories.  Really, this is
> > a site-specific thing.  I'll be suprised if there would something to do
> > it already in.
>
> Doesn't IMP already have the email address in its identity structure?
> Or you could use a Horde hook to set it?

I am currently writing a hook to set it.  It need to be displayed
because user may not know what it is (he could only know is uid and
passw).  I guess the user could dig it, but I would like to have
"Your email is blah at blah.com" displayed to reduce support call.

> > > The appropriate config/motd.php file...
> >
> > I was under the impression that motd where displayed on the login screen.
>
> Yes, sometimes.  But it really depends on how things are setup.
>
> I use IMP authentication for Horde.  Which means the login screen displays
> horde/imp/config/motd.php, and the Horde summary page displays
> horde/config/motd.php.  Now, that will change if you don't use IMP
> authentication for Horde, so your milage may vary...

Well, I do but horde/config/motd.php is not displayed in the "Horde::My
Summary".  I am using a snapshot from 07/17/03; is this need to be
configured somewhere ?

Thanks !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com