[horde] Custom links in Horde menu?

Hugo Proost horde at proost.net
Tue Jul 29 04:58:28 PDT 2003

Can some one tell me if the following is possible? I want to add a couple of
handy (non Horde) menu items to the left hand side horde menu bar. I entered
the following information into the registry.php of my Horde 3.0 CVS:

$this->applications['custom'] = array(
    'icon' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/graphics/custom.gif',
    'name' => _("Other Modules"),
    'status' => 'heading',
);

$this->applications['phpmyadmin'] = array(
    'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '',
    'webroot' => 'http://www.website.com/phpmyadmin',
    'initial_page' => 'index.php',
    'icon' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/graphics/sql.gif',
    'name' => _("PHPMyAdmin"),
    'allow_guests' => false,
    'status' => 'active',
    'menu_parent' => 'custom'
);

Is that the best way of doing this?

Can I also put extra items (like PHPMyAdmin) in the "Administration" menu?

How can I include the the header menu bar? (Does not have to have functioning
buttons)

What would I have to do if I want the link to open in a new windows?

I just want to "wrap" horde around a couple of apps like PHPMyAdmin and some
other open source thingies.

Regards,
Hugo