[horde] Horde file logging

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 29 13:24:04 PDT 2003

Quoting MiikaT <mlist.horde2 at finansium.fi>:

> I'm trying to get Horde 2.2.3 + imp 3.2.1 + php 4.3.2 on rh9 to
> log into a file, I've setup the following things:

You might want to try the one character patch at:

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/horde/lib/Horde.php?r1=1.118.2.42&r2=1.118.2.43&ty=u

if you haven't already.

> $conf['debug_level'] = E_ALL;
> $conf['log']['enabled'] = true;
> $conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
> $conf['log']['name'] = '/tmp/horde.log';
> $conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;

You might try adding:

$conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';

though I'm not sure if it is needed or not for file logging.

> Apache runs as user nobody and log file has these rights:
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 nobody   nobody          0 Jul 29 19:16 /var/log/horde.log

Hmmm.  Above you say "/tmp/horde.log" and here you show "/var/log/horde.log"
which is a problem.  Also, check that the directory (/tmp or /var/log) has
sufficient permissions.

> The log file doesn't get anything, if I change logging to syslog that
> will work. If I delete the file, I get a php error about log file
> not found or can't create. Any idea, what might be the cause for this?

See above.  Could be config, could be permissions, could be bug.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!