[horde] I'm at a bit of a loss

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 30 14:28:07 PDT 2003

Quoting Justin Ainsworth <justin at sullust.org>:

> horde_users table with a plaintext username and password.  Unfortunately

The password must be md5().

> Any tips on how to create my first user?

INSERT INTO horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) VALUES ('username',
md5('password'));

> Also, Eric mentioned that authentication could be done using smb
> authentication.  I don't see how to do that anywhere in the horde.php or
> various auth files.  That seems like it would be the most painless way
> to get things going if I could just get it to work.

Yes, it can be done.  Don't know if it is painless or not, as I've not
done it.

> Finally, this is all for internal use (the machine is not available to
> the public net) so if there is a way to bypass horde authentication
> entirely

Set guest access to true in horde/config/registry.php

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!