[horde] getting closer......

Adrian DeBoer stud_muffin_540 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 14:59:57 PDT 2003

> Okay this is really simple but you never know, did
> you put the trailing
> slash on the URL for kronoith?  By default apache
> will think of
> http://192.168.7.200/horde/kronoith as a file rather
> than a directory,
> you have to use the url
> http://192.168.7.200/horde/kronoith/

My problem is not that I can't connect to the url -
http://192.168.7.200/horde/kronoith/ - when I type
that in to my browser....I get a login prompt....it
works as it should.

My problem is:  AFTER I LOGIN (after I enter my
username/password, and hit enter) - it gives me the
404 error page.

I was looking on google, through some of the archives,
and re-read the README  - in /horde/kronolith/docs -
where it says this:

CONFIGURING Kronolith
---------------------

1. Configuring Horde for Kronolith

   a. Register the application

In horde/config/registry.php, find the
applications['kronolith'] stanza.  The 'show'
parameter should already be marked '=> true'.
If you have changed the location of Kronolith relative
to Horde, either in the URL or in the filesystem or
both, you must update the 'fileroot' and 'webroot'
settings to their correct values.

I haven't even touched the registry.php - and my
document root follows this path (RedHat9) -
/var/www/html/horde/kronolith
so if anyone can figure out if I need to better define
the paths in the registry.php....please tell me.

In the /horde/kronolith/congig/conf.php file - I did a
similiar configuration as I did in the horde.php
configuration - see below.  I tried it, still didn't
work.

/**
 ** Calendar Driver Settings
 **/

// What calendar backend is being used? Right now, the
only options are
// 'mcal' and 'sql', but others may appear at some
point in the future.
$conf['calendar']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['calendar']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['calendar']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['calendar']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['calendar']['params']['password'] = '*****';
$conf['calendar']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['calendar']['params']['table']
= 'kronolith_events';

I think my problem has something to do with the paths
in the registry.php.....gut feeling.

Almost there....I can see the light at the end of the
tunnel...

Adrian