[horde] Login Failures

James Van Sickle gothbert at spamcop.net
Mon Aug 11 09:44:06 PDT 2003

Hey

   I am in the process of moving my CVS Horde application onto a new Redhat 8
server that shares the same domain name as my old FreeBSD box.  When I attempt
to login to Horde using IMAP or POP3, I get login failure messages.  The log
file only shows me what is below.  I have tried logging in using imap,
imap/ssl, and pop3 with the same results.

Aug 09 15:10:02 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 162.83.196.188 to localhost:143
[imap] as gothbert [on line 258 of "/home2/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

   I can, however, login to the server using Outlook Express through imap,
imap/ssl, and pop3 protocols using the same account info.  If I switch Horde to
use SQL for login, I can login to the application as well.

   Any assistance in helping me track down why I can't login using imap on
Horde would be greatly appreciated.

-James