[horde] RedHat 9, mcrypt and php

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Sat Aug 16 12:47:48 PDT 2003

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 jkt at apk.molbio.ku.dk wrote:

> Hi
>
> [snip]
>
> > Mcrypt support in PHP and https connections have nothing to do with
> > each
> > other. https is done in Apache, we use mcrypt in PHP to encrypt the
> > users'
> > credentials in his session.
>
> True indeed! However, I still find it strange that mcrypt seems to be
> unsopported on the test.php page. Do I need to install ALL packeges
> from the ftp site for RH9? The loading of pages did speed up
> immediately after installatione of mcrypt.

There is a php module for mcrypt, which ties into the libmcrypt library.
I don't know RedHat well enough to say, but maybe there is a php-mcrypt
package?  The test.php page is looking for the php mcrypt module, not the
libmcrypt library (which is no good to Horde without the php module
interface to it).

	Andy