[horde] How to log in after installation

Tim Gorter email at teletechnics.com
Tue Sep 9 08:23:47 PDT 2003

Lukas,

Lets turn the question around, what are you going to use Horde/IMP for, email
right? how do you log into your email server at the moment?

So what have you set under horde authentication in config/horde.php?
you can also choose to have IMP handle the authentication (via the
config/registry.php)
then for IMP, as I presume you want to check your email, you will have to put
the server details in imp/config/servers.php

As said before Horde itself does not have a user base, it is a User
Interface to something. so there are no users to be created for horde. Most
common is with email accounts, now if email accounts are accessed via IMAP,
you can set up Horde/IMP to authenticate the users via IMAP. If you have
the users on your server in a LDAP base then you can use Horde to
authenticate with the LDAP base. You can even identify them using the ftp
deamon of your server. Yes you can create a user database with SQL, and
have horde authenticate against that, but then you will only end up login
into the sql database, then the email server, then your fileserver (if you
choose so), etc.

good luck,
tim