[horde] Hacking Horde

Rob Brandt bronto at csd-bes.net
Fri Sep 12 09:12:17 PDT 2003

I've been thinking "I wish horde did this ..." but am also thinking that someone
else might be working on it already.  I don't see a development mailing list
listed, or I'd check there.

Do if this is something already in the works, or if it's just a bad idea, let me
know.

What I want is an alert or alarm system of sorts.  There are things I want to
watch for happening in horde, that already have alarms in their module or
seperate windows, but don't work outside of the module.

For example, kronolith alarms.  Works fine when you're in kronolith, but not
when you're in IMP.  Another example, Rakim messaging.  You have to have a
seperate window always open.  I'm sure there are others.

What I am thinking is that I'll create a simple php script that queries the data
I'm interested in, with the script triggering existing horde module functions
when a trigger is encountered.  For the most part this script would not have an
interface; just a blank page.  I would then hack in an iframe into the standard
horde layout, placing it in the unused space above the horde module menu and
the the left of the module icon bar.  The iframe would show my trigger script,
refreshing itself every minute or so, and redirect to a kronolith event when it
encounters an alarmed event or popup the rakim chat window when a visitor
starts a session.

What do you think?

Rob