[horde] login

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu Sep 18 07:02:17 PDT 2003

Hi Richard,

As I don't use MySQL authentication (I use IMP -> IMAP), I am not quite
sure I would helpful this time around, but let's try something.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 01:16:18PM +0100, richard at norton-hall.co.uk wrote:
> I can login to mysql and change db to horde with the given username and
> password at a command line. What is the next clue to progress I assume I have
> left something un configured that picks up the variables to compare or
> selects the database, I have used the given scripts to set up the database-
> your help is much appreciated.

I am not quite sure, but I believe that sql auth driver store the
username and password *inside* a database table.  You would need to
configure Horde to connect to a specific database with a username and
password, then lookup the credential provided in the login form *in* a
table.  Horde does not connect to the database with the credentials you
provided in the login form.

I just looked up in a client config file, and it is indeed the case.  I
can see that the variable required to populate the $conf['auth']['params']
array are not documented in horde/config/horde.php, but they are in a
comment on the top of horde/lib/Auth/sql.php.  You should have a look at
that.

Hopefully that help.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com