[horde] Portal Layout Problem

mbydalek at zivix.com mbydalek at zivix.com
Fri Sep 26 19:54:30 PDT 2003

I recently installed Horde from the 9-26 snaps and have found some interesting
errors in regards to the Horde Layout.

After installing a number of applications, I suddenly was unable to modify my
previous layout and when clicking on "Layout" from the Horde-Menu, I received:

Notice: unserialize(): Argument is not an string in
/usr/local/www/data/applications/horde/portal_edit.php on line 229

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/usr/local/www/data/applications/horde/portal_edit.php on line 630

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/www/data/applications/horde/portal_edit.php:229) in
/usr/local/www/data/applications/horde/templates/common-header.inc on line 3

To try and find the problem, I wiped the database, and started to re-install
everything.  I started with IMP and Turga, and had no problems editing the
layout.

Then I installed genie, giapeto, mnemo, nag and still had no problems modifying
my Layout.  Then, I un-tar'd Kronolith (without installing the database files)
and all of the sudden the weirdness began.

The layout-edit came up okay, but when I would add something, then save, the
changes would not be permanently saved into the database.  I took it a step
further and then added the database files, and that's when I started receiving
the PHP errors above.

The problem seems to be that it's not pulling/putting the "portal_layout"
information correctly.

Taken from the mysqld logs when a user clicks on "layout", no mention of
"portal_layout", even though one exists in the table for this user:

030926 22:48:24       4 Connect     horde at localhost on
                      4 Init DB     horde
                      4 Init DB     horde
                      4 Query       SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value
FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'test at zivix.com' AND (pref_scope = 'turba' OR
pref_scope = 'horde') ORDER BY pref_scope
                      4 Init DB     horde
                      4 Init DB     horde
                      4 Query       SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value
FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'test at zivix.com' AND (pref_scope =
'kronolith' OR pref_scope = 'horde') ORDER BY pref_scope
FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'test at zivix.com' AND (pref_scope = 'mnemo' OR
FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'test at zivix.com' AND (pref_scope = 'nag' OR
pref_scope = 'horde') ORDER BY pref_scope
                      4 Init DB     horde
                      4 Init DB     horde
                      4 Query       SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value
FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'test at zivix.com' AND (pref_scope = 'genie' OR
pref_scope = 'horde') ORDER BY pref_scope
030926 22:48:25       4 Init DB     horde
                      4 Query       SELECT 1 FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid =
'test at zivix.com' AND pref_name = 'display_cals' AND (pref_scope = 'kronolith'
OR pref_scope = 'horde')
                      4 Init DB     horde
                      4 Query       UPDATE horde_prefs SET pref_value =
'a:1:{i:0;s:14:\"test at zivix.com\";}' WHERE pref_uid = 'test at zivix.com' AND
pref_name = 'display_cals' AND pref_scope = 'kronolith'
                      4 Quit

Regards,
Mike B.