[horde] INGO for IMP/Horde Stable

Matt Richard matt.richard at fandm.edu
Tue Oct 7 11:03:29 PDT 2003

>Quoting Matt Richard <matt.richard at fandm.edu>:
>
>| Hi,
>|
>| The contents of your link states that there is no stable release of Ingo.
>
>You asked "Is there an Ingo module for stable releases of Horde/IMP?"  The
>correct answer to *this* question is yes - Ingo RELENG_1 works with the
>stable versions of Horde/IMP (2.2.4/3.2.2).
>
>You did not ask whether there existed a stable version of Ingo.  The answer
>to this is no, although Ingo HEAD seems to be very stable and many people
>are using it without a problem.

Ah - a valid distinction!  Thank you for answering the question I
wanted to ask...  I apologize for misreading Diego's original
question.

>| Also, is Ingo (development release) now required for whitelists and
>| blacklists in Horde/IMP?
>
>In HEAD, it is not "required" per se for whitelists/blacklists, since other
>Horde modules (e.g. SAM) can be used for these (or you could write your own
>application that interfaces with IMP).  However, Ingo is the replacement
>for IMP's old blacklist/whitelist functionality and is the obvious drop-in
>solution.
>
>Ingo is not required for black/whitelists in IMP 3.x.

Here's my situation:

I just upgraded from Horde 2.2.3 to Horde 2.2.4 and now blacklists do not work.

There is now an entry in Horde's registry.php for Ingo, which I do
not have installed.  I was speculating that Ingo is now a requirement
for whitelists/blacklists since the new default setting seems to
point all filtering to the non-existant (on my system) Ingo
installation.

Is my speculation close, or am I following the wrong clues?  What
would I place in my Horde configurations to ensure I'm using
Horde/IMP's internal filtering instead of Ingo?

I have nothing against Ingo - I just don't want to install it on a
production box yet.  Once I resolve blacklists, (assuming I don't
install Ingo to do that) I'll start investigating Ingo.

Thanks for the assistance,

Matt
--
Matt Richard