[horde] INGO for IMP/Horde Stable

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Tue Oct 7 11:52:17 PDT 2003

My apologies - I wasn't clear on the question.  Yes - the question was
"Is there an ingo release that can be used with the current stable
releases of IMP/Horde".  The answer was RELENG_1.

I got it, installed but I keep getting an error:

"There was an error activating this script. The driver said: Not
currently in TRANSACTION state"

 (I'm using Cyrus-IMAPD 2.1.15 timsieved as a backend).

I've never used timsieved before, so I'm not entirely sure what this
means.

Can any of you guys help me out here?

Also - I only saw blacklists, vacations, and whitelists.  Are forwards
supported in this release of ingo (to replace the "forward" module)?

Best

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 12:03, Matt Richard wrote:
> >Quoting Matt Richard <matt.richard at fandm.edu>:
> >
> >| Hi,
> >|
> >| The contents of your link states that there is no stable release of Ingo.
> >
> >You asked "Is there an Ingo module for stable releases of Horde/IMP?"  The
> >correct answer to *this* question is yes - Ingo RELENG_1 works with the
> >stable versions of Horde/IMP (2.2.4/3.2.2).
> >
> >You did not ask whether there existed a stable version of Ingo.  The answer
> >to this is no, although Ingo HEAD seems to be very stable and many people
> >are using it without a problem.
>
> Ah - a valid distinction!  Thank you for answering the question I
> wanted to ask...  I apologize for misreading Diego's original
> question.
>

> >| Also, is Ingo (development release) now required for whitelists and
> >| blacklists in Horde/IMP?
> >
> >In HEAD, it is not "required" per se for whitelists/blacklists, since other
> >Horde modules (e.g. SAM) can be used for these (or you could write your own
> >application that interfaces with IMP).  However, Ingo is the replacement
> >for IMP's old blacklist/whitelist functionality and is the obvious drop-in
> >solution.
> >
> >Ingo is not required for black/whitelists in IMP 3.x.
>

> Here's my situation:
>
> I just upgraded from Horde 2.2.3 to Horde 2.2.4 and now blacklists do not work.
>
> There is now an entry in Horde's registry.php for Ingo, which I do
> not have installed.  I was speculating that Ingo is now a requirement
> for whitelists/blacklists since the new default setting seems to
> point all filtering to the non-existant (on my system) Ingo
> installation.
>
> Is my speculation close, or am I following the wrong clues?  What
> would I place in my Horde configurations to ensure I'm using
> Horde/IMP's internal filtering instead of Ingo?
>
> I have nothing against Ingo - I just don't want to install it on a
> production box yet.  Once I resolve blacklists, (assuming I don't
> install Ingo to do that) I'll start investigating Ingo.
>
> Thanks for the assistance,
>
> Matt
> --
> Matt Richard
> Access and Security Coordinator
> Franklin & Marshall College
> matt.richard at fandm.edu
> (717) 291-4157
* Diego Rivera                                            *
* "The Disease: Windows, the cure: Linux"                 *
* E-mail: lrivera<AT>racsa<DOT>co<DOT>cr                  *
* Replace: <AT>='@', <DOT>='.'                            *
* GPG: BE59 5469 C696 C80D FF5C  5926 0B36 F8FF DA98 62AD *
* GPG Public Key avaliable at: http://pgp.mit.edu         *