[horde] 2 things... (override horde registry on a per-user basis & imp html editor)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Oct 8 08:32:26 PDT 2003

Quoting Tom Hodder <tom at scriptsupport.co.uk>:

> 1) is it possible to override the active applications on a per user basis? ie
> have most of the users see all the apps, and a few just to see the IMP and
> Kronolith, and turba.

This will be added to HEAD relatively soon - there is a patch that the
developers are looking at (thanks Joel!).

> 2) I have HEAD Horde and HEAD IMP, if you switch to the html editor, it
> behaves unexpectedly. first of all switching to html editing mode causes the
> plain text to be converted into html incorectly. Is there likely to be a more
> stable version coming out soon, or should I create a fix myself?

This is HEAD - development software. If you have the time to clean up the html
editor, please send us a patch! There are known rough spots, and hopefully
people will be cleaning them up, but if you just wait for someone else to do
it, it's not so likely to get done - at least quickly.

> 3) Are the any tutorials, other than the ones listed on the horde.org site,
> for creating applictions using the horde framework? or maybe class references
> that are a little bit less dry than the horde framework API docs?

Unfortunately, no. But we are very happy to help people out with development
questions/getting to know the code, both on IRC (http://horde.org/irc.php) and
on the dev@ list (http://horde.org/mail/).

-chuck

--