[horde] Horde, RH upgrade and password

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Oct 12 18:41:13 PDT 2003

Quoting Wally Beben <wally at beben.com>:

> I ran horde-toaster with qmail and imap, on my old RHG8 system. I upgraded
> the OS to RH9, and consequently access to the horde webmail client resulted
> in every user's password not being accepted. Upon recompiling, I was informed
> that libcrypto.so.2 was needed; however the latest issue of openssl for RH9
> doesn't include this file.

/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.2 is a symlink to /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7a which is
from the openssl-0.9.7a-20 rpm.

> I have tried to make a sym link to libcrypto.so.0.9.7a from the /usr/lib
> folder for lincrypto.so.2 but this does not resolve the problem.

Sure should solve the build issue.  But why not install the needed rpms?

> a) do I need another version of Horde-toaster (currently 2.2.3-1.0.5)?
> b) do I need another version of openssl (currently 0.9.7a)?
> c) do I need another version of Courier-Imap (currently 1.7.3-1.0.1)?
> d) do I need any or all combinations of these?
> e) any other fixes required to make this work again?

Probably a configuration issue with the imap server and/or c-client.
Try setting some options in horde/imp/config/servers.php like /notls
and so on.  Look in your imap server's log files to see what it says.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!