[horde] Horde, RH upgrade and password

Wally Beben wally at beben.com
Sun Oct 12 12:00:49 PDT 2003

I ran horde-toaster with qmail and imap, on my old RHG8 system. I upgraded the OS to RH9, and consequently access to the horde webmail client resulted in every user's password not being accepted. Upon recompiling, I was informed that libcrypto.so.2 was needed; however the latest issue of openssl for RH9 doesn't include this file.

I have confirmed that it is only via the horde webmail interface thatt he passwords are not recognised - access to the mail server via mail client works perfectly to both send and receive.

I have tried to make a sym link to libcrypto.so.0.9.7a from the /usr/lib folder for lincrypto.so.2 but this does not resolve the problem.

a) do I need another version of Horde-toaster (currently 2.2.3-1.0.5)?
b) do I need another version of openssl (currently 0.9.7a)?
c) do I need another version of Courier-Imap (currently 1.7.3-1.0.1)?
d) do I need any or all combinations of these?
e) any other fixes required to make this work again?

Thanks for your input.

Regards
Wally