[horde] Module Management Using Groups

Peter Abrahamsen peidran at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 21 00:38:36 PDT 2003

The last time this question was asked, about a month ago, the answer was
that we would all like this functionality, but nobody has implemented it.
You're welcome to start up development. We'd all certainly love you for it.
Cf. the archives c. 16 September 2003.

Peter

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:59:41PM -0700, Mike Bydalek wrote:
> I was doing some research on user/group authentication in an IMAP-auth
> enviornment, and I see how you can add users to groups via the Groups module
> under Administration.  However, I wanted to take it further and somehow specify
> which groups are able to have certain access to certain modules, which I'm not
> sure can be done.
>
> I see that in the horde registry.php file, I can set a module to 'admin' which
> seems to only allow access to the module if the user is an administrator.  What
> I would like to accomplish is to create a group "Normal Users" say, and have
> them only be able to "see" the Mail & News modules.  Also, I would like a group
> "Office Users" who have access to "Mail & News" along with the "Personal
> Information" modules.
>
> If there is a way to do this, it would completely make my life easier due to me
> only having to admin 1 application rather than Horde and a stand-alone mail-app
> for users who just need e-mail.
>
> I'm running Horde CVS as of 10/20/03
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Mike Bydalek

Peter Abrahamsen              Seattle, Washington, USA
CEP, Phil, iSchool            http://www.abrahamsen.com/peter/
University of Washington      206.525.2702 (home)
"I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between" - Eno