[horde] CVS HEAD gives blank index page

Yo Jo massiveypai at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 14:09:25 PDT 2003

I downloaded the latest versions of Horde, Imp, and Ingo yesterday and have not been able to get them to function correctly.

The problem:  on getting to index.php, all I get is a blank page with the base HTML tags but nothing in the BODY.  This happens whether or not I define Imp as the authenticating application in conf.php.

test.php seems to test out just fine and I could actually use Imp's test.php to connect successfully to my IMAP server.

The server can be accessed at:
https://www.kompany.org/horde-cvs

Right now, in registry.php, I have disabled all other applications except for Horde, have turned on logging and display errors for PHP, but nothing seems to be wrong.  Horde just quietly failed.

I put in some syslog statements in base.php and the script seems to halt right before this area:

// Registry.
syslog( LOG_INFO, 'loading registry' );  // SEE THIS IN SYSLOG
if (Util::nonInputVar('session_control') == 'none') {
    $registry = &Registry::singleton(HORDE_SESSION_NONE);
} else {
    syslog( LOG_INFO, 'loading registry with session' ); // SEE THIS IN SYSLOG
    $registry = &Registry::singleton();
}

// DON"T SEE THIS LINE!
syslog( LOG_INFO, 'loaded registry; checking for PEAR error' );

As a background to all this, I have a working version of Horde 2.2.4 and Imp 3.2.2 on the server where I am currently having problems with the HEAD version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- yen