[horde] Attachment download problems

Delian Krustev krustev at krustev.net
Fri Oct 24 10:06:57 PDT 2003

Pretty close.
You should increase the memory_limit parameter in php.ini .
Be careful with that if this is a production system.
The problem is not the size of the attachment itself.
If total attacments size exceeds the size You've mentioned
You'll face it again. Horde tries to load the message in
memory and hits the memory limit. You could also bump into
this if You try to download as zip even smaller attachments.

I think horde should handle the memory limits more gracefully .
At least an error message could be displayed.
Other approaches might be to read the message on portions and
pipeline it over a pipe, let's say.
It's probably not so easy to implement(and be platform independent).
I don't also know whether IMAP or POP protocols supports partial
message/attachment fetching(similar to http content ranges).
Probably horde/imp developers could help.

Chuck, Jan ?