[horde] RE-SEND: Horde Installation

Lei, Louie K LKLei at cbe.ab.ca
Tue Oct 28 09:45:52 PST 2003

Hi,

Can horde, imp or php be installed via a regular user account instead of
root? Some say it has to be installed by root. If this is the case, root
will automatically owns it. My rationale is -- application program should be
owned by an application account. For example, Oracle should be owned by dba
account so DBAs have control over their appls. If hodre has to be owned/run
by root, horde support will require root access, which may cause role
conflicts with system administrator unless the sysadmin supports the
application by him/herself.

If it can be installed by an user account, will it cause any operational
issues? I learn that the dba account runs Oracle perfectly well.

Thanks,
Louie