[horde] Installation

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 13 14:23:00 PST 2003

Quoting Ed.Lazor at AtFantasy.com:

> Fresh RedHat 9.0 install with all of the (hopefully) relevant packages
> installed and all updates applied.  I downloaded everything from the snapshot
> directory.  Unzipped horde-2003-11-13.tar.gz

Are you sure you want to be using the cutting edge development code with
all its likely problems for this project?  Maybe you should try the
RELENG (stable branch) snapshot, or even the release ftp instead?

> and moved it to my webspace.  I
> get errors when accessing horde/test.php.  Stuff about it not finding
> String.php and such.

Sounds like you didn't install the correct PEAR/Horde modules?  Try running
the horde/framework/install-packages.php and see if that helps any.

> Any advice?

Consider the stable/release branch?

> Any install docs for a clean RedHat 9.0 install?

Not that I know of, but it shouldn't be any different than the RH 7.x docs
that exist out on the web.

>  If not, anyone want to help
> me create one to share with others?

If so, I'd just grab the 7.x ones and update them for 9.

>  I think it would be very handy for
> anyone wanting to take a clean system and get Horde and all of it's modules
> up and running.

Can't argue with that.  But I doubt many people would want to do this with
the development code.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics