[horde] upgrading PEAR

Adrian DeBoer stud_muffin_540 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 07:03:53 PST 2003

Supposedly - I need to upgrde my PEAR package (using
RedHat 9) because when I went to install run the 'php
install-packages.php' script -  it came up with
errors...

So I downloaded the latest PEAR package....
http://pear.php.net/package/PEAR

and its dependencies:
- Archive_Tar 1.1
- Console_Getopt 1.0
- XML_RPC 1.0.4

When I run each of the php scripts in the 3
dependencies directories - each one works fine with no
errors except the Server.php script in XML_RPC 1.0.4 -
it gives me the following output -

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Failed opening required
'XML/RPC.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in
<b>/home/admin/XML_RPC-1.0.4/Server.php</b> on line

I need to get these dependies installed before I can
successfully upgrade to PEAR...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Adrian