[horde] # [ALERT] Fatal error: (Filters Again)

swap swap at graphic-design.com
Mon Nov 24 03:10:42 PST 2003

What's very strange about HORDE's filters is they seem
to arbitrarily work then not work.

What does this mean?

  [ALERT] Fatal error: TOO MANY CONSECUTIVE PROTOCOL VIOLATIONS:

The filters worked last week.  All week they took out hundreds
of spams.  I got 434 spams this morning.  I ran the filters,
and it got about 75 then quit with "[ALERT] Fatal error"

I went in and removed the LAST filter I installed, thinking that's
why they're now broken when they were working perfectly.

I clicked "Apply All Filters" but this time got:

  [ALERT] Fatal error: TOO MANY CONSECUTIVE PROTOCOL VIOLATIONS:

Why would they work with no ALERT then suddenly give the ALERT
even though nothing has changed?????

We need the Horde filter to step through the emails, applying
the filters as normal, but when it comes to an error, pass it
over and keep filtering the rest.

It gets to a certain point then gives the ALERT.

Investigating more spams, I find the EXACT SAME SPAMS IT FILTERED
a moment ago, still in the queue!

However without knowing WHICH email is queering out the filters,
I cannot "resume" the filtering process.

:-(