[horde] migrate_categories.php question

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Dec 1 12:43:25 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm running a relatively recent CVS HEAD checkout of Horde, IMP, Nag, and Mnemo,
among other modules.  Everything had been running relatively smoothly, as we
are testing functionality of the various components to see if we can eventually
roll them out to users.

About a month ago,  I moved the install to a different web server and I moved
the database to a dedicated MySQL server (both had previously been running on
my own local machine).  Everything continued to function just fine.  However,
in the past few weeks, and unfortunately I can't pinpoint when, a CVS update
broke my ability to update tasks and notes - each attempt to add a new entry
generates an error, something like: Duplicate entry 'kevin_myer at iu13.org-7' for
key 1].

Looking through the archives of mailing lists, I found mention of a
migrate_categories.php script that is supposed to convert certain portions of a
Horde database to the new horde_category_attributes format.  Thinking I may
have forgotten to run this, I made a backup of my database, then ran the script
and did another backup.  However, after doing this, I lost the button to create
new tasks and the button to create new memos and my calendar from Kronolith was
gone.  A diff of the before and after database dumps shows only deletions of
certain items from the horde_category_attributes table - no inserts took place
anywhere.

So further investigation reveals that I still have some old sequence tables
hanging around (mnemo_memos_seq, nag_tasks_seq, and apparently
kronolith_events_seq).  And I also see some scripts to create default histories
and update sequence numbers in the various modules/scripts directories.

So my question is ultimately which order should these scripts be run in?
horde/scripts/migrate_categories.php first and then the associated module's
create_default_histories.php and create_sequence.php?  Or the other way around?
 Just want to confirm this is the proper methodology for moving forward...
horde/scripts/SCRIPTS explains what the scripts do there but I can't find
anything similar in the other modules' script directories.

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer