e: [horde] SOLVED!!! Fatal error: TOO MANY CONSECUTIVE PROTOCOL VIOLATIONS

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 1 14:32:10 PST 2003

Quoting sisterscape <sisterscape at yahoo.com>:

> I finally solved this problem!  THE FILTERS ARE CAUSING IT!

Sounds correct.

> I have about ten filters and just now when I added another one I got
> the dreaded
>
>  "Notice: (null)(): [ALERT] Fatal error: TOO MANY CONSECUTIVE PROTOCOL
> VIOLATIONS: in Unknown on line 0"

Sounds fine.

> message on the 'Horde :: My Summary' page the next time I checked for
> new mail.  I went back to the filter options, unchecked "Apply filter
> rules when mailbox is refreshed?" and am now no,longer getting the
> error.

Sounds fine.

> So looks like you guys need to fix the filtering/refresh code.

Sounds bogus.  I would say simply that your IMAP server complains after
"about 11" errors with that message.  This would be imap server dependent.

You need to find out not what "triggers" the problem (filters being done)
but what "causes" the problem (why does your imap server think bad commands
are being sent?).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics