[horde] Re: response to your continued berating

sisterscape sisterscape at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 18:41:56 PST 2003

--- Jeff Warnica <jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
> Personaly, I assume that people asking questions about
> Horde are sysadmins, and thus should be smart.
I am hoping this just came out the wrong way.  Surely you don't mean
that if someone isn't a sysadmin, they aren't smart.

> Even if a user is having
> problems with Horde that may require the advice of a Horde developer
> to fix, that should be sent through the local admin.
I agree with this.  I would prefer not to be in the position of having
to try to find solutions to problems that are beyond my current skill
set. (I have gotten Linux installed on a desktop as a first step to
learning more about sysadmin but can never find the time.)
Unfortunately, the option that was suggested for me to pursue was to do
the research myself. This has worked quite well for troubleshooting
other server problems in the past. (We are non-profits on a tight
budget so trying to find ways to 'do it ourseleves' as much as
possible.)

I am assuming that the answers posted to this list will be forwarded to
the sysadmins and that eventually the problem will be fixed. Thanks to
all those who have been kind enough to offer suggestions.