[horde] Re: response to your continued berating

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 4 21:39:00 PST 2003

Quoting Jeff Warnica <jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca>:

> Somewhere on the horde pages it shold point to:

I did this for a very short period of time. I was called arrogant for doing so.

> Since I happen to be writing, I am frustrated at the 3.0 release cycle.
> I understand that many 'traditional' horde libs are being riped out and
> made generic PEAR modules, and that not much in the way of 'features'
> are being worked on. And that untill the PEAR conversion is compleate,
> not even an alpha will be released. But there isnt a good TODO, nor even
> a vague guess ('an alpha will appear in summer') at a roadmap.

Well, sorry. Various folks are working on a ton of new features. Most of the
libs are staying Horde libs, just being packaged so that you can install and
upgrade them independantly of each other. We may submit some things to PEAR if
the collaboration works out, since doing so both helps the greater PHP
community and helps us. The list of what needs to be done has been discussed in
detail a few times on the development list, and there are roadmaps posted now
on the web site with the information we have laid out. There are also TODO
files in most applications. I'm frustrated that it's not all done already, too.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe