[horde] RE: [ALERT] Fatal error: (Apologies)

Tim Gorter email at teletechnics.com
Fri Dec 5 08:03:40 PST 2003

Hi Fred,

Well, I think you are exactly of the case that another threat is
talking about, as you come to this list as an end-user, when really it
should be the sys-admin of your ISP that is implementing the Horde
system on their server. So in end result, you may find very few
answers to your problems here, if you cannot actually do anything
about your server configuration and implementation.

Saying that, what was said by another poster is something to consider,
and talking to your ISP about. i.e. look at some form of Anti-spam
specific filtering or marking, like Spamassassin, Spamcop RBL, etc. or
any combination thereof. Saying that though if you are hosting
30+ websites, it makes me wonder what you are doing with an ISP that
does not accommodate your needs.

The bottom line though is, if you cannot muster any details about your
system, and in the end don't really have the power to change any
configuration of your system, you will not really find any solutions
in this list. As this list is for those who can administer their horde
installation to help others who can administer their horde
installation (at least that is what I always thought to be the
case..).

Wish you all the best with your ISP!
regards,
tim.

PS. I get similar amount of spam, but I manage to reject about 80%
using spamassassin. Thus I end up having only two filters within the
Horde framework (using ingo), and that is to either reject or delete
spam marked as so by spamassassin dependent on its score.

Teletechnics Afield
Tel +34 65 22 60 777 Fax +34 63 73 01 920
mailto:email at teletechnics.com   http://www.teletechnics.com

currently in:  < The system cannot find the path specified (C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\whereami.txt) >