[horde] prefs.sql not initialising database.

Tom Hodder tom at scriptsupport.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 18:50:01 PST 2003

Quoting Tom Hodder <tom at scriptsupport.co.uk>:

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
> > Quoting Tom Hodder <tom at scriptsupport.co.uk>:
> >
> > > So my question is, how do these new preferences get in the database in
> the
> > > first place? there doesn't seem to be functionality to initialize the
> > $_prefs
> > > array with new prefs values from the config/prefs.php file. Or am I
> missing
> > > something?
> >
> > Log out and log back in.
> >

> That works for changes to the horde/config/prefs.php, but not for my own
> $_prefs[initial_application] application. I'm assuming that the
> config/prefs.php for my application should be read into the session variables
> upon pushApp, or something like that. a print_r() of the $_SESSION variable
> shows that the $_SESSION[prefs_cache][myapp] array contains all the
> preferences
> from horde/config/prefs.php so I guess its reading the wrong file upon login.
> I'm just trying to find where that is specified now, if you can point that
> out
> to me I would be very grateful.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tom H

oops. after a few hours wasted it turns out that I had missed out the default
values;
 	    'value' => ''
on some of the $_prefs in config/prefs.php and those were being silently dropped
in the _setDefaults function of the Prefs class, though they were still picked
up by the User interface generator part.

On the bright side, I know am very familiar with the code that constitutes that
area of functionality now. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom H