[horde] Trouble getting MySQL and prefs working

Michael J. Pelletier mjpelletier at mjpelletier.com
Mon Dec 15 07:48:13 PST 2003

The prefs driver is set to "sql":

/**
 ** Preference System Settings
 **/

// What preferences driver should we use?
// Drivers:
//   'none'     --  None. (Use system defaults and don't save any user
//                  preferences)
//   'ldap'     --  LDAP
//   'session'  --  PHP Sessions. (Preferences only persist during the
login)
//   'sql'      --  SQL Database
$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

I can connect with horde's password. This does not seem to be the problem...

Quoting "Michael J. Pelletier" <mjpelletier at mjpelletier.com>:

> Hello,
>
> No matter what I do I can not get Horde and MySQL working nicely.
Everything
> worked great in the older version but in the HEAD version, it does not
want
> to work. The only why I can get things to work is to set prefs to
"session".
> If I set prefs to "mysql" I get error about not connecting correctly. Here
> is a example error:
>

>   string(86) " [nativecode=Access denied for user: 'horde at localhost'
(Using
> password: YES)] ** Array"
>         string(77) " [nativecode=Access denied for user: 'horde at localhost'
> (Using password: YES)]"

That would seem to be your problem, try logging in to mysql using the
command
line client using the details you specified in your conf.php/

Tom