[horde] IMP handling messages with a single '.' on a line

Tom Hodder tom at scriptsupport.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 15:42:35 PST 2003

Hi,

It seems that IMP is not handling lines with single '.' chars on them,
if I send a message with some text with a line with a . on it the message gets
truncated there (probably requires a following blank line).
I can guess how it happens, the smtp sending process in IMP just outputs the
text of the message to the mailserver, and its interpreted as end of data. and
then a load of errors would be reported and the connection reset, and the
message sent as the mailserver would have responded with a "250 Message
accepted for delivery" and then processed the rest of the message as a series
of protocol errors.

Regards,

Tom H