[horde] explicitly log back into a session using the auth_key

Tom Hodder tom at scriptsupport.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 16:25:58 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm writing an application based on horde where I have to send a callback page
to another server and have that pass the contents back to the browser.

What I want to do is explicitly re-create the session by passing the horde app
page the auth_key/Horde get VAR, rather than pass it the auth userID and
password.

I have the 'Horde' auth key stored in a POST variable, and I want to pass that
into the page so the session continues on the other server. basically its akin
to setting a auth_key via a $_GET['Horde'], but I'm not allowed to pass the
value as a $_GET, only as a $_POST.

I've tried simply starting the page with a;

$_COOKIE['auth_key'] = $_POST['Horde'];
and
$_GET['Horde'] = $_POST['Horde'];

but the page doesn't recognise the session. I've made sure that 'checkip' is
turned off in the conf.php, but still I can't get the page to recreate the
session on the other client/server.

I would be very grateful for a pointer on this one.

Cheers,

Tom H