[horde] login.php does not redirect

Jeffrey Schwentner jschwentner at cfl.rr.com
Wed Dec 24 09:32:49 PST 2003

I am having problems with horde log-ins.  Specifically, when I enter a
valid username and password, the browser (IE 6.0) displays "Opening page
http://hostname/horde/login.php?Horde=46ebc63d7b096c640f356d7300caf33c&n
ocache=3tfcdaqo7lhc..." in the status bar.  It eventually times out and
displays a "page cannot be displayed" error with "Cannot find server or
DNS Error" at the bottom.  If, at this point, I hit the browser refresh
button, it takes me to the horde main page, effectively logging me in.

There are no errors in horde.log or in apache's error_log.  The last
message I see in apache's access_log after the timeout is as follows:

"POST
/horde/login.php?Horde=46ebc63d7b096c640f356d7300caf33c&nocache=3tfcdaqo
7lhc HTTP/1.1" 302 5

When I click refresh, the next line written to the log is:

"GET
/horde/login.php?Horde=46ebc63d7b096c640f356d7300caf33c&nocache=3tfcdaqo
7lhc HTTP/1.1" 200 3705

My configuration is as follows:

Configuration:
Horde-3.0
Apache-1.3.29
PHP-4.3.3
MySql-4.0.17

Machine:
Red Hat Linux Release 9
Kernel 2.4.20-8 on i686

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Jeff Schwentner