[horde] VFS "file" backend, relative paths and gollem's "change directory"

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Wed Dec 24 11:12:55 PST 2003

Hey guys -

The VFS "file" backend doesn't understand relative paths.  It would be useful if
VFS backed applications (er.. well.. "gollem") understood paths like
"~username" and "directory/subdir1/subdir2" in addition to fully qualified
paths (eg "/home/username/poop").

There was some discussion about this back in May, and we'd even submitted a
patch in March that implimented the non tilde relative paths (though that patch
doesn't seem to work with the current version of the VFS file backend, even
though the code in patched VFS function, _getNativePath, doesn't seem to have
changed much).

Is anyone else interested in this?  It came up again because we'll be rolling
out a larger beta file manager service based on gollem at the begininng of our
winter semester.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd stir the pot again..

Liam