[horde] problems with horde from CVS

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jan 5 17:55:24 PST 2004

Quoting Chad Beckman <cjboeckm at hotmail.com>:

| I had the EXACT same error message when I updated my HEAD version of Horde
| and IMP back on December 23rd.  I have given up for the time being and
| resulted to a RELENG install instead.  If anyone can figure out what changed
| since the end of November that requires a Category backend I would like to
| know.

Mail logging uses categories, but nothing has changed since December 23rd that
would have caused IMP to start working unless something else on your system has
changed.  I haven't touched my categories table in months, and i have
absolutely no problem whatsoever.

You should probably make sure 1) all the framework modules are up-to-date, 2)
make sure $conf['sql']['phptype'] is set correctly (this should *NOT* be 'sql')
- in the e-mail link you provided it looked like the person having the problems
didn't have this set).

michael