[horde] turkk-mmcache with horde ... solution?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Jan 6 20:12:14 PST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting Joeri Pronk <joeri at joeri.nu>:
>
> | I also found a problem with the optimizer: in the mailbox view, selecting a
> | few
> | messages and click on delete you are just returned to your inbox without any
> | actions taken. In the message view itself the delete works fine...
> | After disabling the optimizer of mmcache everything returns to normal.
>
> Uhh.... no problem here.  This might be a browser issue more than an
> optimizer issue.  And, as mentioned in my previous post, you really
> really really need to make sure that all temporary files created by
> turck-mmcache are deleted any time the webserver restarts (best bet is
> to put some file in your init file to do this).  Turck doesn't seem to
> like to delete these files (at least for me) on webserver shutdown, and
> will try to reuse this temp files when the webserver reboots which is a
> very bad thing - you will see all sorts of bizarre behavior (i have)
> unless you delete these temporary files.
>
> Sorry to sound condescending, but nowhere in any of the posts i have seen has
> there been a mention that all temp files have been deleted and the problems
> still existing.

k, I have http://webmail.demo.hub.org enabled with mmcache of the
following settings:

[mmcache]
zend_extension="/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/mmcache.so"
mmcache.shm_size="8"
mmcache.cache_dir="/tmp"
mmcache.enable="1"
mmcache.optimizer="1"
mmcache.check_mtime="1"
mmcache.debug="0"
mmcache.filter=""
mmcache.shm_max="0"
mmcache.shm_ttl="300"
mmcache.shm_prune_period="60"
mmcache.shm_only="0"
mmcache.compress="1"
mmcache.keys="none"
mmcache.sessions="none"
mmcache.content="none"

and it seems to work okay ... there are some mighty big files in there ;)

Has anyone started to look into the benefits of PHP5, and its "optional
includes" functionality, to reduce the footprint?

----