[horde] turkk-mmcache with horde ... solution?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Jan 6 15:14:59 PST 2004

Quoting Joeri Pronk <joeri at joeri.nu>:

| I also found a problem with the optimizer: in the mailbox view, selecting a
| few
| messages and click on delete you are just returned to your inbox without any
| actions taken. In the message view itself the delete works fine...
| After disabling the optimizer of mmcache everything returns to normal.

Uhh.... no problem here.  This might be a browser issue more than an optimizer
issue.  And, as mentioned in my previous post, you really really really need to
make sure that all temporary files created by turck-mmcache are deleted any
time the webserver restarts (best bet is to put some file in your init file to
do this).  Turck doesn't seem to like to delete these files (at least for me)
on webserver shutdown, and will try to reuse this temp files when the webserver
reboots which is a very bad thing - you will see all sorts of bizarre behavior
(i have) unless you delete these temporary files.

Sorry to sound condescending, but nowhere in any of the posts i have seen has
there been a mention that all temp files have been deleted and the problems
still existing.

michael