[horde] question on using IMP with a portal

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jan 9 07:37:10 PST 2004

Quoting John Buysse <jbuysse at nd.edu>:

> We are looking to integrate our IMP installation with a portal.  The
> developers have made some changes to the IMP code as well as adding a
> few additional php files.  I am currently going through these changes to
> try to determine any side affects to IMP.  One change that they said was
> needed was to comment out the line "Secret::setKey('imp');" from
> horde/imp/login.php.  Everything appears to work as normal with IMP with
> this line commented out, but I am wondering what side affects this may
> cause that I am not aware of.
>
> Does anyone know what side affects this may cause?

Passwords and other sensitive session data will be encrypted with a predictable
key that is the same for all users, instead of with a unique, relatively random
key that differs for every session.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe