[horde] question on using IMP with a portal

John Buysse jbuysse at nd.edu
Fri Jan 9 07:35:13 PST 2004

We are looking to integrate our IMP installation with a portal.  The
developers have made some changes to the IMP code as well as adding a
few additional php files.  I am currently going through these changes to
try to determine any side affects to IMP.  One change that they said was
needed was to comment out the line "Secret::setKey('imp');" from
horde/imp/login.php.  Everything appears to work as normal with IMP with
this line commented out, but I am wondering what side affects this may
cause that I am not aware of.

Does anyone know what side affects this may cause?

Our configuration is as follows;
Solaris 2.8
Apache 1.3.28
PHP 4.3.2