[horde] Progress with "You must configure a Category backend to use Horde." error

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 11 09:04:45 PST 2004

oops - meant to send to list too...
On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 09:45, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
>
> > nope - not in anything that I have edited and seemingly nowhere in
the
> > distribution file parts that I haven't edited - just checked.
>
> Do you even know that you have the same *cause* of problem as Shane,
though? He
> did some debugging to find out where things were getting triggered.
Try doing
> the same thing and see what you can find...
---
I did - commenting out the two lines that include the check for
!isset($conf['category']['driver]) like ...

/horde.head/lib/Perms.php
    function Perms()
    {
        global $conf;

        //              if (!isset($conf['category']['driver'])) {
        //                   Horde::fatal(sprintf(_("You must configure
a Category backend to use %s."),
$GLOBALS['registry']->getParam('name')),\
 __FILE__, __LINE__);
        }

        $driver = $conf['category']['driver'];
        $this->_categories = &Category::singleton($driver,

array_merge(Horde::getDriverConfig('category', $driver),

array('group' => 'horde.perms')));
    }

gets me the following message...
  Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION'
or `T_VAR' or `'}'' in /var/www/html/horde.head/lib/Perms.php on line
   53

   Fatal error: Undefined class name 'perms' in
/var/www/html/horde.head/lib/Registry.php on line 785

and in checking line 785 in horde.head/lib/Registry.php it becomes a
circular reference to me and I don't understand what's breaking down.

Craig