[horde] Progress with "You must configure a Category backend to use Horde." error

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 11 13:40:50 PST 2004

oops - meant to send to list as well.

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 13:21, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
>
> > continuing on - I was hoping that the above info would make it
obvious
> > to you what is happening but I'm certain that this should...
>
> On what, exactly, do you base that certainty?
---
prayer
---
> Again: $conf['sql']['hostspec'] !=
$conf['storage']['params']['hostspec']. I'm
> not really sure how else to say that or to word the error message.
---
after enough hours of getting nowhere, it looked close enough to believe
but once again, you are correct
---
> Huh?
>
> You don't have an application configured. Try running
horde/scripts/setup.php to
> at least create default conf.php files. You can't simply ignore
generating
> conf.php from conf.xml and expect things to work.
---
correct, I don't have an application configured. Simply not possible
when you can't get past square one - until you told me about this
script.

[root at linserv2 scripts]# which php
/usr/bin/php
[root at linserv2 scripts]# emacs setup.php
NOTE: change location of !#/usr/local/bin/php to /usr/bin/php
[root at linserv2 scripts]# php setup.php

Setup is not available through the web interface.
[root at linserv2 scripts]#

I don't have enough information to make use of this and scripts/SCRIPTS
didn't have enough information to make it useful to me.

Thanks,

Craig