[horde] Progress with "You must configure a Category backend to use Horde." error

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jan 11 12:21:08 PST 2004

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> continuing on - I was hoping that the above info would make it obvious
> to you what is happening but I'm certain that this should...

On what, exactly, do you base that certainty?

> I added line 49 to horde.head/lib/Perms.php
>         $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
>
> and then when I access it with a browser, the error I get is...
>                  A fatal error has occurred
>
>   Required 'hostspec' not specified in categories SQL configuration.
>   The file /var/www/html/horde.head/config/../config/conf.php should
> contain a $conf['storage']['params']['hostspec'] setting.
>
> but of course, the following value is in horde.head/config/conf.php
> $conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';

Again: $conf['sql']['hostspec'] != $conf['storage']['params']['hostspec']. I'm
not really sure how else to say that or to word the error message.

> thus it is evident that the values contained within
> horde.head/config/conf.php are not read.

That's nonsense.

> So it appears that my problem is the webroot of horde (now /horde.head)
> but no matter what changes I make to horde.head/config/registry.php -
> the outcome doesn't change.

Huh?

You don't have an application configured. Try running horde/scripts/setup.php to
at least create default conf.php files. You can't simply ignore generating
conf.php from conf.xml and expect things to work.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."