[horde] Progress with "You must configure a Category backend to use Horde." error

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 11 15:00:18 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 14:45, Bo Daley wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Shane Boulter wrote:
>
> > Well I just went through and checked my conf.php again.  From what I can
> > see all looks well.  To be sure I redid it all from scratch and I didn't
> > get any further with it.
>
> one thing you can try when you're testing out whether your conf.php is
> free of syntax errors is to do add something like this right at the end of
> your conf.php file:
>
>    var_dump($conf); exit;
>
> if you get a NULL value then you most definitely have a problem with your
> conf.php file and Horde will not be able to find any configuration values.
> Or if you do see something other than NULL, make sure that it contains
> some kind of configuration for categories.
----
Touchdown...

that was absolutely invaluable information...

php conf.php (after putting that line at the bottom...
<b>Parse error</b>:  parse error in
<b>/var/www/html/mullenpr/horde.head/config/conf.php</b> on line

line 376... I uncommented...
//     'localhost' => 'localhost',
very very fatal

Thanks, I think I might very well be capable of handling it from here -
I actually got to horde login YEAH

Craig