[horde] updating config files

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Mon Jan 12 09:30:53 PST 2004

> Let me just say that I am still foggy on updating the
> config files.  Why do we need to update them??

Because new features that were built into Horde will have to be configured. So
new configuration values have to be created in the config files.

> Why
> aren't they be already "updated" or why isn't this
> problem being fixed before people download the snaps??

Because that's the definition of snaps. Snaps are snapshots of work in
development. Use for testing and bug reporting and for helping horde getting
better.

If you want the version where problems have been fixed, then don't use snaps
but the release version.

> OK.....how do I create a config.php.dist??

First way: Untar the snapshot tarball. There it is in the config directory.

Second way: Check out from CVS. There it is in the config directory.

> The only
> thing I did to create my config.php was copy somebody
> else's config.php file (CVS version) of made some
> changes to it....remember that CVS - and this is
> another question I have - is why a config.php or
> config.php.dist isn't included with CVS
> versions....why do we have to create it??  So what is
> this config.php.dist?? -  do we somehow create that
> too?? rename a file?? I'm starting from scratch
> here.....

Answered above.

Additional answer:
It is there. :)

Proof:
http://cvsweb.horde.org/cvs.php/horde/config/

> Still lost...

in space? ;)

And one last point: Please check your ? key. It seems to hang.

Greets,
Daniel